Details / Information  Overview:

The municipal Art gallery of Heraklion is hosted in one of the most historical buildings of the city. It is  the Saint Marcos Basilica that was initially build in 1239 a.c. from the Venetians. Later on it was re-builded right after a big earthquake that took place in 1303. The Turks modified it into a Muslim temple in 1669 till 1956 when the Company of Cretan and Historical Studies change it into it's initial shape.

In the museum are accomodated occasionally, various events and exhibitions but in permanent base (at least at the moment), are exposed works of Thomas Fanourakis, Georgios Georgiadis, Lefteris Kanakakis and Aristodimos Papadakis.

 

Address  Address:

El. Venizelou Sq. (Lion Square)

Location (City, Village, Area)  Location:

Heraklion

Telephone number  Telephone:

(+30) 2810399228

Fax number  Fax:

---

E-mail address  E-mail:

---

Website Url Url:

---

Operating Period  Operating Period:

JAN-DEC

 

   

Operating Days & Hours  Operating Days & Hours:

Varies per each exhibition. Most common hours are:
MON-SUN: 09:00-13:00 & 18:00-21:00

Admission Fee  Admission Fee:

• Depends on each exhibition. Usually it's free entrance
 

Notes  Notes:

---

 

   

Disclaimer

* The above information, are subject to change without prior notification from the institution. In any case, visitcrete.com has no responsibilities about any occurred changes.

 Last update 30/04/2017