Details / Information  Overview:

Excavations at Fourni have brought to light 26 buildings, most of which had funerary use. The cemetery was used from 2400 B.C. until 1200 B.C. and each complex had more than one architectural phase. Most of the funerary buildings were used for many decades and contain successive burials.

Excavations were begun in 1964 by Efi and Yannis Sakellarakis and have been continued until today (1995) with short interruptions. Most of the buildings are preserved in good condition.

 

Address  Address:

Fourni

Location (City, Village, Area)  Location:

Archanes, Heraklion

Telephone number  Telephone:

(+30) 2810226470

Fax number  Fax:

---

E-mail address  E-mail:

efahra@culture.gr

Website Url Url:

www.culture.gr

Operating Period  Operating Period:

JAN-DEC

   

Operating Days & Hours  Operating Days & Hours:

Open after agreement with the Ephorate

 

Admission Fee  Admission Fee:

• Free Entrance
 

Notes  Notes:

---
 

  

   

Disclaimer

* The above information, are subject to change without prior notification from the institution. In any case, visitcrete.com has no responsibilities about any occurred changes.

 Last update 30/04/2017